Job Title: Volunteer Development Officer – 37.5hrs per week
Reports to: Centre Manager Location: Based in Dundalk with travel required to other office locations.
Overview of Organisation
Louth Volunteer Centre is a service that, matches individuals who would like to volunteer with volunteer involving organisations. We provide a range of services including information, consultation, volunteer leadership training and a Garda Vetting Service. Louth Volunteer Centre is a non-profit organisation and registered charity funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development and part of a network of twenty-nine volunteer centres and a member of Volunteer Ireland.
Overview of Role: Volunteer Development Officer
Louth Volunteer Centre is looking for a dynamic, energetic and highly motivated individual who understands that volunteering is critical to Irish life. A self-starter and an excellent communicator, the candidate must be able to connect with and engage people from all walks of life.
The candidate must have the ability to empathise with the life situation of potential volunteers and possess the technical competencies required to link and present volunteering in a variety of contexts. You will be confident in dealing with volunteer organisations, offering them support, training and guidance to maximise the involvement of volunteers in their services.
A key responsibility in this role is to nurture the development of the new Community Volunteers Programme in Louth. This programme will see a group of Volunteers being formed to be able to respond to meaningful short term volunteer roles, events as well as being on standby for any future local or national emergencies. The VDO will be a link person for the volunteers and local agencies.
The ability to plan and deliver engaging volunteer events will also be a key requirement, especially in relation to the Community Volunteers. Challenging, but hugely rewarding, this position gives candidates the opportunity to multi-task in a diverse fast-paced role where they will use their own initiative, as well as collaborate within a small team.
The Volunteer Development Officer is responsible for assisting in the delivery of an accessible and quality-focused service across Co. Louth; by promoting volunteering, informing and supporting potential volunteers about the opportunities available and linking them to these opportunities.
The Volunteer Development Officer will also offer supports to local volunteer-involving organisations including developing and advertising their vacancies, referring potential volunteers and advising on best practice.
In line with the Volunteer Centre Quality Standards Framework, quality checks on data as well as a focus on systems (Salesforce) management will also be a key part of the role; ensuring everyone gets a quality-centred service.
Key Responsibilities will include:
· To promote volunteering and direct potential volunteers to suitable volunteering opportunities in local organisations across the County.
· Maintain an up-to-date database of volunteers and volunteering opportunities in Louth through i-VOL, our dedicated CRM software (training will be provided).
· Keep accurate and methodical records relating to registered volunteers and volunteering opportunities.
· Build relationships with community and voluntary organisations to ensure that a wide range of volunteering opportunities are registered with the Centre.
· Provide advice and assistance to organisations wishing to recruit volunteers.
· Consult and network with a wide range of stakeholders keeping them informed and supported with information on good practice with respect to all aspects of volunteering.
· Organise and facilitate volunteer events and initiatives.
· Promote and animate the Volunteer Centre services and activities. This will include implementing the PR and Communications strategy, contributing to website and social media content, generating media content, conducting presentations and training and participating in various initiatives as required.
· Participate in national Volunteer Centre events, working groups and other fora.
· Provide a Garda Vetting Service to Volunteer Involving Organisations
· Any other duties which do not change the nature of the post, as may be determined by the Centre Manager.
· Personal experience of volunteering or supporting volunteers essential.
· A positive can-do attitude and personal values which align with the mission of Louth Volunteer Centre and a passionate belief that volunteering is for everyone.
· Excellent IT competencies and an intuitive IT user. Confidence with online applications and receptive to learning new applications.
· Minimum of two years’ experience in the community and voluntary sector in a paid or voluntary capacity.
· Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to foster and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of people and organisations.
· To be comfortable with Social media platforms and usage as a communications tool
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with experience of delivering presentation and training beneficial.
· Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a small team working closely with the Centre manager to ensure centre objectives are met.
· Willingness to participate in peer learning, continuous quality improvement.
· Flexibility and willingness to travel and work outside normal office hours as sometimes required
· Excellent organisational skills, including demonstrable experience in managing multiple projects.
· Marketing experience especially beneficial.
· Experience with CRM database Salesforce an advantage.
€30K pro rata
Terms of Employment
6 month Fixed Term contract.
Submitting your application:
Closing date for receipt of applications is close of business Monday 11th September 2023.
Application form and CV must be submitted via this link.
Late applications will not be considered.